Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:04:59 -0400
From:      Jonathan Lyster <jslyster@operamail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xsmbrowser installation woes...

9/19/2001 16:53:59, Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org> wrote:

>Is there an expect package?  You may be able to pkg_add expect.

Thanks muchly; that did the trick.

>FYI, my slightly older 4.3-STABLE box just build expect with no
>problems.  Where exactly is the expect compile dying?

It didn't get to first base in compiling. It told me it was retrieving tk and tcl, and according to the
compilation it had done that; then it
reached the point of retrieving expect, and threw up an error message.

I managed to pkg_add expect, which promptly retrieved the tcl component and added it also. This
suggests that the port installation
didn't complete the installation of the tcl  component. (I'm guessing a lot here, what with being a newbie
to the FreeBSD world.)

Thanks muchly, though; I now have Xsmbrowser installed. I need to configure Samba now, but I've
done that before so it shouldn't
be too much trouble. (Famous last words, I know.)

Regards;
   Jonathan Lyster

Look for "The Opera 5.x Book," available now from No Starch Press. http://www.nostarch.com

"All of us are born right-handed; only the gifted overcome it."