| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
Hmm.

My build in a armv7 context with arm_bf16.h listed was of:

---Begin OPTIONS List---
=3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for =
llvm19-19.1.0.r3:
     BE_AMDGPU=3Doff: AMD GPU backend (required by mesa)
     BE_WASM=3Doff: WebAssembly backend (required by firefox via wasi)
     CLANG=3Don: Build clang
     DOCS=3Don: Build and/or install documentation
     EXTRAS=3Don: Extra clang tools
     LIT=3Don: Install lit and FileCheck test tools
     LLD=3Don: Install lld, the LLVM linker
     LLDB=3Don: Install lldb, the LLVM debugger
     PYCLANG=3Don: Install python bindings to libclang
     STATIC_LIBS=3Don: Install static libraries (does not effect =
sanitizers)
=3D=3D=3D=3D> Options available for the single BACKENDS: you have to =
select exactly one of them
     BE_FREEBSD=3Doff: Backends for FreeBSD architectures
     BE_NATIVE=3Don: Backend(s) for this architecture (ARM)
     BE_STANDARD=3Doff: All non-experimental backends
=3D=3D=3D> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
---End OPTIONS List---

Note the ARM (no AArch64).

It built just fine. When I looked at how arm_bf16.h is provided,
it looked to be built via llvm tools and is not direct source
code that as been committed. It looked to me like arm_bf16.h for
an ARM build got ARM (32-bit) content. (But I'm not expert.)

The firefox build attempt found the file and got no complaints
about using the file. Sure looked to me like it just worked
when it is also listed in _BE_INCS_ARM .

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com