Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:43:17 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for PCI Cyclades Cyclom-Y serial adapter

   I just committed to CVS the changes necessary to support the PCI version
of the Cyclades Cyclom-Y serial adapters. Included with these changes is also
support for multiple controllers and support for the 32-Y. In order to
facilitate the changes, it was necessary to expand the device naming
convention. The new naming scheme is ttyc[0-v][0-v] and cuac[0-v][0-v], where
the first [0-v] is the controller and the second [0-v] is the unit on the
controller. This is the same convention used on other multiport serial
adapters such as the Digiboard. If you are currently using the Cyclades
serial adapter, you should re-make your /dev entries and remove the old ones.
The new MAKEDEV creates devices for all 32 units on a controller...just
say "MAKEDEV ttyc0 cuac0", for instance, to create all of the units for
controller 0. Be sure to also make the appropriate changes in /etc/.
   I've done a reasonable amount of testing locally, but it's always possible
that I may have overlooked something. Please let me know if you experiance
any problems. Thanks.

-DG

David Greenman