Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:56:59 +0100
From:      John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net>
To:        DALE HALSTEAD <cdh47@yahoo.com>
Cc:        newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

DALE HALSTEAD <cdh47@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Help, what flavor should I start with?  I have a pc with win 95, 133mh,
>and 1.2 G hardrive. I have several versions of linux and unix (I am =
taking
>a class now in unix) but it sounds like I may want to start with FreeBSD=
 or
>something.  Just want to get of MSW! =20

As you're taking a class in unix and you have two computers, I'd =
recommend a
minimal install of FreeBSD-4.1 on your spare pc.

=46irst you could get the two connected and backup anything you need from=
 the
slower machine onto the faster one.  Else, if you have a spare HD you =
could
configure the 133Mhz one to dual boot either the win95 disk, or FreeBSD.

You could use the remaining space left by a minimal install, to install =
sources
for inspection, but 1.2Gbyte may not be large enough to make world.

=46reeBSD-questions would be pleased to answer any homework questions you=
 have ;)
Not Really.
but they prefer lines wrapped ~75 cols ;)
Yes Really.
Good luck
John.