Date:      Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:08:52 +0200
From:      Pascal Pederiva <freebsd@paped.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PATCH: syscons.c sysctl for PC-Reboot Keys

Guess I could have done more research regarding this, sorry.
Jon's Patch actually looks almost exactly the same minus the possibility
to get the setting from loader.conf.

Yes, I definitely would prefer a sysctl solution - not beacuse I do
change this very often or on the fly, ( neither do I change the
kern.ipc.* parameters all that often :) but because it is, as Jon,
pointed out , a root only solution.

Regarding Kernel-bloat - valid point, but why not have the Floppy
GENERIC Kernel *without* the Keyboard-Reboot code at all ?
That will remove all, the shutdown_nice() as well as the sysctl stuff.

There's actually a number of options that could be turned off in the
Floppy GENERIC Kernel, since it really only should be used for
installation - but that discussion should be held in another thread.

Well, I'm not going to insist. Too many long-winding discussions here
already - I always can apply my own patches to my own kernel :)

Regards,
Pascal