Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 01:28:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        kelvin Liu <kelvin@taipingcarpets.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: err =0

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, kelvin Liu wrote:

> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, kelvin Liu wrote:
> >
> > > Dear sir,
> > >
> > > My freebsd server to get error that is "Unable to get canonical name of
> > > client, err=0". Could you teach me how to fix it and how come of this
> > > error.
> >
> > Errr.... what program gives you this error? what is the complete
> > error message and when specifically does it happen?
> >
> > Remeber there are thousands of programs each with thier own error messages
> > you have to tell us these things if we are to help you....
> >
> Dear Alfred,
>
> The whole message which appear in my messages log file like this
> "Apr 20 13:59:05 popper [1812]: (v2.53) Unable to get canonical name of
> client, err=0".

It seems that some of the people downloading mail from you don't have
thier DNS set up properly, i think popper can't do an IP -> name
translation.

You may want to speak to that user about that, check your log files
a bit more.

> Thank you very much for your helping.

no problem, but let's not deprive the rest of the people on the list
with the information we work on here,  please retain the "cc" to
questions@freebsd.org unless you have a specific reason not to.

-Alfred