Date:      Sat, 07 Nov 1998 19:35:14 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        wes@softweyr.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Halloween memo - what does it mean?

At 04:35 PM 11/7/98 -0800, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
>Drew Baxter wrote:
>> Personally, I think Operating System manufacturers shouldn't be allowed to
>> make market-competitive applications.  Not if we're just going to have
>> intentional flukes exploited by installing Exchange and Eudora on a machine
>> or something like that.
>
>	indeed.  this is the maximal result from  the lawsuit or
>	string of lawsuits that microsoft will/may face over
>	the next decade.  breakup into OS company and applications
>	company(ies)....its happened before
>jmb

Here's some theory.... I bet they'll build a building down the street and
it'll be "Microsoft 2.0".. :-)

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998