Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:43:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, brooks@one-eyed-alien.net, FreeBSD Ports Team <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/13552: The gnuplot doesn't build with GIF support enabled

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Chuck Robey wrote:

> It is NOT illegal, and it IS the method that the gnuplot authors
> themselves suggest.  I like gnuplot, and gif is too popular an output
> method for experienced gnuplot users, to just reject.

Murdering users is a popular option commonly shared by sys admins,
however like distributing software with copyright violations, it is
illegal and has to be avoided.

Just because the gnuplot authors really want something doesn't mean
that we need to subject ourselves to problems.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -