Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:15:14 +0100
From:      Christopher Raven <c.raven@ukonline.co.uk>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Charles Henrich a Star?

--------------A7443E8BF338B8549D25B065

IMHO putting *down* Linux is counter productive (consider it in-fighting
of the Free OS's) and a comparison with say commercial OS's would be
better.

EXAMPLE: -

----
"Top movie FX company chooses FreeBSD over commercial offerings for its
increased reliability"

Possibly followed closely by (for example) .......

Insiders say "There was no competition - we needed a fast, stable and
reliable platform and, we needed it like yesterday ...... "
----

If MR Henrich would be so kind as to repeat the above statement then it
would be no lie  ;-)

Cheers,
Chris R.

W Gerald Hicks wrote:

> "Movie FX company chooses FreeBSD over Linux for increased reliability"
>
> I dunno... might cause a negative backlash with the direct comparison.
>
> I'd just:
>
> "Movie FX company chooses FreeBSD for increased reliability".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jerry Hicks
> wghicks@bellsouth.net

FreeBSD - The power to serve
http://www.freebsd.org/

--------------A7443E8BF338B8549D25B065

<HTML>
IMHO putting *down* Linux is counter productive (consider it in-fighting
of the Free OS's) and a comparison with say commercial OS's would be better.
<P>EXAMPLE: -
<P>----
<BR>"Top movie FX company chooses FreeBSD over commercial offerings for
its increased reliability"
<P>Possibly followed closely by (for example) .......
<P>Insiders say "There was no competition - we needed a fast, stable and
reliable platform and, we needed it like yesterday ...... "
<BR>----
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>If MR Henrich would be so kind as to repeat the above statement then
it would be no lie&nbsp; ;-)
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>Cheers,
<BR>Chris R.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;
<P>W Gerald Hicks wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>"Movie FX company chooses FreeBSD over Linux for
increased reliability"
<P>I dunno... might cause a negative backlash with the direct comparison.
<P>I'd just:
<P>"Movie FX company chooses FreeBSD for increased reliability".
<P>Cheers,
<P>Jerry Hicks
<BR>wghicks@bellsouth.net
<BR>with "unsubscribe freebsd-advocacy" in the body of the message</BLOCKQUOTE>

<PRE>--&nbsp;
FreeBSD - The power to serve
<A HREF="http://www.freebsd.org/">http://www.freebsd.org/</A></PRE>;
&nbsp;</HTML>