Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:14:35 +1300
From:      Logan Moore <logan@xentac.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using XOrg on a FreeBSD Server

I'm looking for some advice from some of the pro's here.

I've set up FreeBSD on one of my servers, and I have a nice 24" 1920x1200
monitor plugged into it. It seems a shame to be  wasting such a decent
monitor on a simple black and white terminal, so I've been contemplating
installing XOrg on the server to get a bit of extra functionality from the
terminals. I'm not thinking KDE or Gnome... just a simple window manager
like one of the *box's or even just straight up xdm running terminals and
maybe some basic GUI tools like a text editor/file manager.

Should I be concerned about any security implications from using XOrg?
Are there any reasons why I definitely should avoid installing XOrg?

- Logan