Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:06:15 +0800
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID-0 over 2 disks or one single disk

Hi, I am looking at setting up a relatively cheap/fast box and I wanted
to know whether it makes more sense buying 2 15GB IBM 75GXP drives
striped RAID-0 via a 3ware 6200 controller or just buy one 30GB IBM
75GXP

The 15GB IBM 75GXP is approx $100 whereas the 30GB is approx $150. The
3ware should be approx be around $150. Would appreciate your thoughts on
this ? Is there some cutover point at which RAID-0 gets better than a
single drive ?

Regards, Yusuf
--
Yusuf Goolamabbas