Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 1997 19:03:09 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why is freebsd distributed like this?

> Why are there releases floating around with security holes in them?
> certain 'fixes' that are trivial but nessesary like the procfs patch
> should be applied all around the source tree as soon as possible.

1. We can't change what's already been released, at least not without
   causing serious confusion.

2. If you know of a specific security hole still in -current or -stable
   then the thing to do is NOT to whine here about it, the thing to do
   is to submit a PR if you're actually interested in seeing it fixed.

And it's as simple as that.

				Jordan