Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 1995 01:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   52gb RAID, works, sorta.

I was able to get FreeBSD not to panic, by going into DOS and fdisking the RAID
array.  After that I was able to boot FreeBSD and lay down a disklabel and new
parition table.  I created a single 52GB partition on the array, newfs took 6
hours to complete,  When it was done it appeared to work, however DF reports
some strange numbers, I've added some more debug:

/dev/sd0s1c 51677350      106  4593383     0%    /mnt

    f_blocks: 51677350
    f_bfree:  51677244
    f_bavail: 4593383
    f_bsize:  1024

What is with the huge discrepence between bfree and bavail?  If im reading this
right my 52gb partition gives me 4gb of data space?!

-Crh

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/