Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:19:57 -0400
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   pkgng suggestion: renaming /usr/sbin/pkg to /usr/sbin/pkg-bootstrap

Hi,

It seems to me that renaming the pkg binary in /usr/sbin/pkg to =
/usr/sbin/pkg-bootstrap would make sense. =46rom a user standpoint, it =
is confusing that running the command gets different results the second =
time it is run vs. the first time. I can imagine a user saying "I ran =
pkg, but it didn't do what they said it would.  Now I run it again, and =
it does do what it is supposed to." Also, it would enable setting up a =
pkg-bootstrap man page separate from the pkg man page, without confusion =
about which one you're looking at.

So, opinions? There may still be time to fix it for 9.1 if we can decide =
quickly.

Thanks,
Steve