Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 1997 01:22:51 GMT
From:      scott@computeralt.com (Scott I. Remick)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nph-count broken after FreeBSD 2.2.2/Apache 1.2 upgrade

Hello...

I'm setting up a new system to replace our current FreeBSD 2.1.5 system.  The new system is running FreeBSD 2.2.2 and Apache 1.2 (as
compared to Apache 1.1.1 on the old system).  I've gotten pretty much everything transferred and working except for a stupid little
thing: our access counter (nph-count) has stopped working.

I've checked permissions and ownerships for /usr/local/www/cgi-bin and its contents, and they match the old system.  Also, another
cgi (a simple shell script) works fine.

Am I missing something that changed from Apache 1.1.1 to 1.2?  What other things should I look at?  I simply moved everything in
/usr/local/www/server/conf from the old system to the new one, and everything else seemed to work fine.

Thanks in advance...

(please cc: any responses to my email address)
Scott I. Remick                         mailto:scott@computeralt.com
Network Systems Administrator           (802)388-7545  FAX:(802)388-3697
Computer Alternatives, Inc.             http://www.computeralt.com

God placed me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind, I'm never going to die.