Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:54:43 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-ppc@dino.sk>
To:        lyubomir@grigorovl.eu
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POWER3 / IBM 7028-6E1

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012 20:09:08 -0800
Lyubomir Grigorov <lyubomir@grigorovl.eu> wrote:

> > I then threw in some random commands at the OF prompt:
>
> I also tried these with no success:
>
> 0 > boot cd,\boot\loader Unable to use memory at load-base
>  ok
> 0 > boot cd:,\boot\loader Unable to use memory at load-base
>  ok
> 0 > boot cd:,\ppc\chrp\loader Unable to use memory at load-base
>  ok
> 0 > boot cd:\ppc\chrp\loader Unable to use memory at load-base
>  ok
> 0 > boot &device;:&partition;,\ppc\chrp\loader Unable to use memory
> at load- base
>  ok
>
> So I suppose some verbosity is needed to see why the initial try
> fails.

All your commands are failing for the same reason - load-base points to
memory which boot command can't use. Write printenv to find where
(actually you will see more variables, not just load-base, and both
current and default values), and eventually with setenv load-base
0xabcdefgh you could change it.

As I know nothing about your hardware (actually being new to powerpc
platform too, working with some Apple hardware a bit), I have no other
recommendations for you. There could be even some memory problem, but
this is just a wild uneducated guess.

Regards,
Milan