Date:      Sun, 22 May 2022 11:49:21 +0000
From:      "Dave Cottlehuber" <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS issue

On Sun, 22 May 2022, at 07:52, Jack L. wrote:
> My sound works fine on FreeBSD 13.1, does sound work on a media
> player? Is your sound driver loaded and detecting devices? cat
> /dev/sndstat ?

works here too as it has done for years.

with sysctl hw.snd.verbose=1 or 2, check in /dev/sndstat to see
whether the default selected device is actually what you expect:

$ grep default /dev/sndstat
pcm0: <Realtek ALC256 (Internal Analog)> on hdaa0  (1p:1v/1r:1v) default

in firefox, check about:support media section, to see what default
output/input device has been chosen, and what udio backend is detected.
Possibly pulseaudio crept in when you updated ports for 13.1 ?

in about:config try setting media.cubeb.backend set to `oss` in case
you can force it.

the about:about in firefox contains a long list of other about: pages.

A+
Dave