Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 11:07:34 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about the scsi sub system.

In message <Mutt.19970125183405.j@uriah.heep.sax.de> J Wunsch writes:
: Move the START UNIT command earlier in the sdopen() function.  I've
: already did this for the `cd' and `od' driver, and at least in the
: latter case, it works fine.  (I'm running the `od' driver with an
: automatic spindown at odclose().)

I noticed that in the sd and cd drivers, the start unit command are
placed in the same location, relative to eachother.  Is this in your
private copy?  In a branch that I'm missing?

Anyway, I'm going to try moving scsi_start_unit() to before the
scsi_test_unit_ready() call and see if that helps or not.  Thanks for
the suggestion!

Warner