Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 19:18:18 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Subject:   Re: disassembling i386 code

In message <Pine.BSF.4.05.9904041812380.74823-100000@herring.nlsystems.com> Doug Rabson writes:
: If you are lucky, you might be able to use 'objdump --disassemble' using
: the version of objdump in the cygwin toolset.

This supposedly works.  However, the objdump output is somewhat less
than wonderful for these projects.

: There is a commercial disassembler for Windows, Sourcer from V
: Communications. Have a look at http://www.v-com.com/products/sourcer.html
: but it costs money...

Sourcer is why I took an interest in the doscmd program earlier in the
year.  I managed to get things to the point where sourcer's main
programs would run, but not the batch files.  The program is a pain to
use, but does give OK results.

There are boatloads of disassemblers that run under windows.  Do a web
search for them and you'll see plenty.

Warner