Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 13:15:50 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        Prashant Dongre <pdongre@opentech.stpn.soft.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jdk1.1 for FreeBSD

Prashant Dongre said:
>Dave Hummel wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>
>> > Is there a jdk1.1 available for FreeBSD?

>  Hi all,
>
>I am interested in JDK 1.1 binaries.... how can I get that...??
>
>Thanks in advance for the help.
>
>Prashant.

Try the Linux port at http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html.  The latest
version supports the 1.1.3 class libraries.  Other than needing to tweak
the java_wrapper script (written for some whacko Linux version of ksh) it
has worked perfectly for me, even the AWT stuff.

HTH,
	Scott

Scott Mitchell          | PGP Key ID |"If I can't have my coffee, I'm just
<scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>   | 0xE8A64271 | like a dried up piece of roast goat"
QMW College, London, UK |            |     -- J. S. Bach.