Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 21:25:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Bradley C. Spatz" <bcs@afn.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Natoma PPRO freezes with 2.1.6R.

Hi.

I just unpacked a SuperMicro P6DNF (Natoma, 440FX) with 1 PPRO 180Mhz
CPU, 64M EDO RAM, 2940UW SCSI, SMC8432BTA ethernet.

I installed 2.1.6R and began to compile a custom kernel.  At various
stages -- either during "make depend" or "make" -- the system simply
freezes.  No errors on the console or in /var/log/messages.

Is there a problem with this motherboard or with Natoma/440FX boards?

I'm surprised FreeBSD is crashing so hard.  I have 2.1.5R running fine
on an Intel board with a P133 and an ASUS with an AMD-586-133.

Any help out there?  Anyone running 2.1.6R on similar hardware?  Please
email directly and I'll summarize back to the list.

Regards.
--
Bradley C. Spatz	http://www.afn.org/~bcs/	bcs@afn.org