Date:      26 Jan 1996 10:22:35 -0700
From:      "Owen Newnan" <onewnan@uswest.com>
To:        "questions about FreeBSD" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re Re- Where to get fvwm ve

                       Subject:                               Time:10:17 AM
  OFFICE MEMO          re Re: Where to get fvwm version 2?    Date:1/26/96

	On a tantential subject, has anyone played around with
	``ctwm''?  At work on our Suns, a few people have switched
	over from twm to ctwm.  It look nice; full of nifty
	features.  But....I'm not sure that I want to hassle with
	changing the dot files.

X User Tools (from O'Reilly) is an excellent, readable reference.  Among other
things, it discusses all these window managers, their use and configuration.
Per that and brief experimentation, I believe ctwm is "a better twm" but
probably not so nice as fvwm.  fvwm also offers memory optimization.