Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 1996 10:18:43 +1100 (EST)
From:      Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
To:        francis yeung <fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: loss of print data during ftp

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, francis yeung wrote:

> 	Every time when LPD is busy printing and a ftp session is busy
> 	downloading  a big file, my printer stops and my printout is all
> 	messed up. The same thing happens when I do WWW browsing while
> 	the printer is printing.

I guess this could be attributed to an IRQ conflict. You will need to
check which comm port you are using for the modem, what IRQ it is using,
and what IRQ your printer port is using.

It is common for com1 to be on irq 4, and com2 on IRQ 3, and your printer
port to be on either IRQ 5, or IRQ 7.

Make sure there is no conflict - if there is, you will either have to
change something around, or use the printer in polled mode. (does not use
an IRQ). To use the printer in polled mode, check the printing section in
the handbook.

Anthony