Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:58:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   audio cards...

one problem I was having was to find decent audio cards which would
work reliably with my driver especially in full duplex. I and others
have had very good experience with the CS4236/CS4237.

I finally managed to find such a card so I thought it was useful
for others to have pointers. I am not affiliated with Crystal,
AOpen, or its distributors, and have only tried the card for 10
minutes or so with vat (where most cards seem to give problem)
without lookups. Still here are the pointers.

	CARD: AW35
	Manufacturer:	AOpen
	Chipset:	CS4237
	Distributors:	http://www.aopen.com.tw/tech/disti.htm
	PRICE:	        65.000 itl (approx US$40) including 19%vat

I hope people find this info useful.

	Cheers
	Luigi