Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 06:50:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23326: New port:  misc/pybliograher

The following reply was made to PR ports/23326; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To: Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, tg@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:46:00 -0600

 On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 04:36:11PM +0200, Johann Visagie wrote:
 > Looking through the ports tree, the very unofficial standard for Python ports
 > *seems* to be to use the py- prefix for ports which install Python modules
 > (libraries, packages), whereas standaone applications which just happen to be
 > written in Python don't have the prefix.  (gadfly, glimmer, sketch, pmail,
 > mailman, grail, pygmy, zope(!), etc., etc.)
 >
 > I've checked this before with tg (who maintains the Python port itself) and
 > he concurred.

 Yes, that is absolutely correct.  It was a convention which I came up
 with in the first place some 2.5 years ago :-)

 > That said, I agree that the boundary between a module and an application may
 > be fuzzy (esp. where Python is concerned), so I'm willing to accept guidance
 > in this...  :-)

 Well perhaps not from me -- I was wrong :-)  For some reason I thought
 pybliographer was a module rather than an application *shrugs*  Probably
 has to do with the fact that I was only half-way through my first cup of
 coffee.
 --
 Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org