Date:      Mon, 03 Jan 2000 23:30:02 -0600
From:      Kevin Weiss <kweiss@jump.net>
To:        "Nick Seelert" <seelertn@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software

It's hard to say ALL linux software is able to run on FreeBSD.  As far as I
know,
FBSD just emulates it.  If this is what you want to do, make sure  to 1)
install
linux_lib from the ports, 2) make sure to have the SYSVSHM, SYSVSEM, and
SYSVMSG options in your kernel, and 3) put linux_enable="YES" in your
rc.conf file.

That should do it.  If you want an example application to use, install Adobe
Acrobat Reader from the ports.

Kevin Weiss
kweiss@jump.net

At 09:32 PM 1/3/00 -0500, you wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD,
>     I was wondering if all the linux software available free of charge by
> download works with FreeBSD unix. If not is the software supported for
FreeBSD