Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 19:03:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        louie@TransSys.COM (Louis A. Mamakos)
Cc:        shawn@cpl.net, chuckr@glue.umd.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 -release ?

Louis A. Mamakos said:

> At my "day job", we have quite a few machines running BSDI, and have
> been pretty happy with the support and quality of software.  They tend
> not to be as far out on the "bleeding edge" with features, but this
> isn't too surprising if you're trying for maximal stability.    They've
> got some very smart and clever people hacking code over there, and
> with good taste.
>
> Your characterization of "... not so great company behind it." is certainly
> not universally accepted.

I tend to agree that there is little to be gained by putting BSDI, any
other *BSD, or even *Linux down.  I think that we are all proud of FreeBSD,
and incorrect statements about FreeBSD are best refuted.  Let's not put
other OSes (or developers) down publically, and maybe sometimes make the
same mistake.

--
John
dyson@freebsd.org