Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:25:58 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Determining the correct pkg-plist

On 01/19/03 18:30, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> There are some scripts in ports/Tools that mostly-automate this
> process.  I usually just use (a suitable variation of) "find
> /usr/local -mmin -5 -o -cmin -5" myself, though.

Actually, I've found the best method (certainly in the early stages of gnome
1.x port development) was to make judicious use of
PREFIX=/somewhere/to/build in the install, deinstall, along with a wrapper
to touch /somewhere/to/build/STAMP, and also check for files that ended up
in /usr/X11R6 and /usr/local instead of where they should.

This has the added advantage that if your port passes, not only is the PLIST
correct, it's also PREFIX-safe.

-aDe