Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2016 18:44:57 +0100
From:      Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Vincenzo Maffione <v.maffione@gmail.com>
Subject:   qualified vale(4) uplink interface clones

 Dear netmap gurus,

I'm getting different crashes if using vale(4) as a drop in replacement
for if_bridge(4).

Before collecting dumps I'd like to know if the setup, which I need to
keep (including a MTU of 9000 bytes), is meant to be supported at all
with netmap.

Usually I have two GbE ports forming one lagg(4) interface, like this:
lagg0mplx: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
metric 0 mtu 9000
…
laggproto lacp lagghash l2,l3,l4
laggport: igb0 flags=1c<ACTIVE,COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>
laggport: igb1 flags=1c<ACTIVE,COLLECTING,DISTRIBUTING>

Then I have lots of cloned VLAN-specific interfaces (utilizing Kawela's
hardware VLAN filter):
vldmz: flags=8942<BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0
mtu 9000
…
vlan: 1 vlanpcp: 0 parent interface: lagg0mplx
groups: vlan
vlvnl: flags=8942<BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0
mtu 9000
…
vlan: 2 vlanpcp: 0 parent interface: lagg0mplx
groups: vlan
vlegn: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric
…
vlan: 3 vlanpcp: 0 parent interface: lagg0mplx
groups: vlan

These are then uplink interfaces for different if_bridge(4)es.

Now I can use 'vale-ctl -h vale0:vlegn' , but as soon as there's any
traffic over lagg0mplx (even not related to the vlegn cloned interface),
the machine crashes.

Is somebody interested in dumps?
Or is this a too weird setup?

Thanks,