Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:56:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG, (Dag-Erling Coidan Sm rgrav) <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Subject:   Re: Questions to the gurus :)

On 14-Feb-98 Mike Smith wrote:
>> If we could, easily create a ``configuration'' that includes a kernel,
>> fdisk data, disklabel data, fstab data, internet data, etc. and if the
>> installer software could allow me to install ``Authentication Server''
>> vs.
>> ``GUI Workstation'' vs. ``Standard BSd Workstation'', etc.  It would be
>> very helpful.
>
> You can do this already.  See /usr/src/release/sysinstall/install.cfg

Great and perfect!, but that implies running make release several times.
Does it not?

Also, how do we tell it which kernel to use?  Which kernel to install as
/kernel on the installed system?

Don't misunderstand me.  What we have appears very good.  Let's make sure
this functionality does not go away, but expands to answer questions as
above.