Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My Experience With FreeBSD

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Victor R. Cardona wrote:

> It is good to here stories like this. I am a FreeBSD newbie, and so far
> am very impressed. I cannot slam Linux though. It got me started with
> UNIX.

	That's an excellent attitude to have. Linux is not our
enemy. There are some (ok, IMO a lot) of things that we do better then
they do, and there are some things they do better than we do. If you need
an enemy, aim at microsoft. And not because they are closed source,
because the company itself is evil, and uses its market position to
unfairly supress competition and creativity.

Doug
--
        "The dead cannot be seduced."
		- Kai, "Lexx"