Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:15:13 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac@minibofh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcmalloc in Tor FreeBSD port

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Jordi Espasa Clofent
<jespasac@minibofh.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please, read the follow thread in tor-dev to be in the loop:
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2012-August/003878.html
>
> I tried to contact the mantainer according to Makefile and Freshports, but I
> didn't receive any answer. So I guess this mail-list is probably the most
> accurate place to ask.

First, bf is typically pretty active, so he (she?) must be away or you
would have heard from him (her?)

Looks like this broke when the port was converted to use OPTIONSNG
about two months ago. I am not a make wizard or even close to it, but
the options code is clearly not doing what it's supposed to be doing.
You can probably roll the Makefile back to r297464, edit the
DISTVERSION to "DISTVERSION=    0.2.2.37", remove the
"ftp://ftp.fodt.it/pub/mirror/tor/dist/ \" line, keep the rest of the
existing port, and build it.

If I get a few minutes, I will see if I can figure out why the options
are not working after the change to OPTIONSNG. I have a port htat I
really need to convert to OPTIONSNG, so maybe I'll get that done, too.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com