Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 07:32:44 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Thinking about CTM and the installation..

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com> writes:

>Ok, here's the scenario:
>
>Developer installs latest 2.1R using the CDROM

[snip]

>Select Using CTM->Register With CTM.  Now what?
>They get the *entire* source tree again via mail so that they can be
>sync'd up?

>That'd suck!  At least sup, again, would merely update the timestamps
>after seeing that the files were the same.  Is it possible to do
>something similar with CTM?

1) Signing up with CTM should set up the CTM tree structure and register
you for FUTURE mailings.
2) The CDROM should have the appropriate flags to indicate the CTM level of
that set of sources.
3) The missing part is the set of CTM updates that occurred between the
time the CD was mastered and the present time. Do we need an automated
ftp-by-mail to have those updates also sent?

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net