Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:31:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Allan Saddi <asaddi@philosophysw.com>
To:        Thomas Hentschel <thomas@hentschel.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: linux emulation prob after cvsup to 2.2.stable

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Thomas Hentschel wrote:

>     All linux apps (even /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig) barf at me
> with :
>
>     # ELF binary type not known
>     # Abort trap
>
>     Anybody got an idea what's causing it ????

Mike Smith committed a fix for this yesterday. The problem is that the
linux module loader, lkm/linux/linux.c, makes a reference to linux_brand
after linux_brand was made static in linux_sysvec.c.

Just cvsup again and cd /usr/src/lkm/linux && make install. Or grab the
fixed linux.c manually from the repository.

HTH.

--
Allan Saddi                         "The Earth is the cradle of mankind,
asaddi@philosophysw.com              but we cannot live in the cradle