Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:24:03 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rapha=EBl_Ding=E9?= <raphael.dinge@ohmforce.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X over ethernet is too much slow...

>>> Using compression flag on the ssh client ?
>
> Hmm, I seem to have missed this.  Are you on an open network ?

Yes my network is open to Internet, I have an Apple Airport
Station which handles my pppoe connection, with portmapping
enabled. Rules of portmapping is :
- we don't serve anything here (except one port), but I'll reply to ping
- I let go every packet from local to internet

> Or why are you encrypting ?

Well in fact, it is not a matter of security.
Since I'm a newbie, it was just easier to configure, since it
has been already configured ;) since I use also cvs, it was a
good choice for me (don't need to set up a pserver).
Also my network does not contains much important data, and
anyway important data is backed up often.

> What's the processor load like when you load
> these images ?

On the server side, sshd takes never much than 2.1% of cpu.

Thanks,

Raphael