Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 15:14:52 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4 processor 4100 update

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Not quite top-of-tree (a couple of days out of date)
>
> With 4 processors, the system freezes when the secondary APs are launched.
> Disablign one of the 4- no diff.
>
> Disabling 2 of the 4 processors works (at least, I boot). Attempts to reboot
> fail though (freezes trying to halt- probably trying to halt disabled
> processors?...).

I tried to figure this out recently on my 4100. I figured out that it was
wedged in smp_rendezvous, presumably via some pmap TLB flushing. I
intended to try and get it to drop into DDB so that I could examine the
KTR logs but I didn't get that far.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Phone: +44 20 8348 6160