Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 2015 09:02:23 -0700
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More RPI-B/SD card information

Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 08:54:03AM -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:
>> Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> writes:

>> > FWIW, I have a few class-10 cards that will absolutely not work, and
>> > a few class-4 cards that work perfectly fine.
>>
>> Thanks, that is useful to know.  The first class-4 card worked with a
>> January 10.1-STABLE snapshot, but didn't work with June 10.1-STABLE or
>> 11.0-CURRENT snapshots or the 10.2-BETA1 release.
>>

> I did a bit more testing, and it seems the RPI-B is *very* picky about
> what SD cards will work.  Below follows results of the tests, using the
> 20150716-r285616 RPI-B image (built last night, propagating now).

As I mentioned above, I have a card that will boot an old snapshot but
refuses to boot on newer code.  I have verified that the card will still
boot the old snapshot, so I know the card is still good.  That seems to
indicate that something in the code has changed.  Unfortunately, I am
not enough of a programmer to be able to trace through anything that
complex.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org