Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:20:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Yevgeniy Aleynikov <eugenea@infospace.com>
Cc:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>, Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>, peter@FreeBSD.ORG, ache@FreeBSD.ORG, Ken Pizzini <kenp@infospace.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bleh. Re: ufs_rename panic

:
:It seems like there's no activity on this subject.
:This is local DoS, guys. if it gets on public (which is probably gonna
:be soon) everything everywhere will be crashing, and there's no stable
:fix ready.
:How can i help to accelerate this problem solution?
:
:.... And why FreeBSD security officer's email address always bounces my
:mail?
:
:Thanks!

    My most recently posted patch will solve your problem.  I am reworking
    it as per Ian's suggestions before I commit, and will also implement
    the same feature in rename() (for files).  Then I will do a standard
    commit-to-current-wait-commit-to-stable sequence.  But due to the
    complexity of the changes (even after simplifying them), it is going to
    be another few days before anything gets into -stable officially.

						-Matt