Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 1999 11:58:46 -0400
From:      webmaster <webmaster@castlecomm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   http-lib.pl

Hi,

I have a bot program that uses the http-lib.pl perl library. I know the
program works because I've tried it on other os's etc.

When I go to run it on freebsd systems I get the following error
message:
    Error Occured: Can't connect socket: Address family not supported by
protocol family

I've gotten expanations for this tcp error:
An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. All
sockets are created with an associated "address family"  i.e. AF_INET
for Internet Protocols) and a generic protocol type (i.e. SOCK_STREAM).
This error will be returned if an incorrect protocol is explicitly
requested in the socket call, or if an address of the wrong family is
used for a socket, e.g. in sendto.

Does Free BSD have a different AF_INET value, or is there some patch
that fixes this problem? I've noticed other posts about similiar
problems with other software on Free BSD.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks In Advance!

Mike