Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 12:24:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Ragnar <bowden@cs.odu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NAS

On Fri, 26 Jan 1996, Ragnar wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I have nas starting at bootup from rc.local, but nothing can connect..I
> have tried telling services that the server is localhost and animaniacs
> <my machine name>, neither worked.  Any ideas?

I assume that you've checked with ps and the audio server starts up and
is still there when you try to use it?  Then, try setting (in your shell
environment) AUDIOSERVER to be the same as DISPLAY, and see if that works.

I think I'd get it working manually before trying to get it to work
automatically at startup.  Maybe you did this, but didn't say?

> Jamie
>
> I spent yesterday thinking about the tomorrow that is today.

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;