Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:45:28 -0800
From:      Guy Harris <gharris@flashcom.net>
To:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@stud.uni-dortmund.de>
Subject:   Re: [NFS] Incompatible: FreeBSD 4.2 client, Linux 2.2.18 nfsv3 server, read-only export

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 01:11:12AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> > 2.4.0, which is definitely not an ancient release, still appears, from
> > looking at the code in question, to have that buggy behavior.
>
> There has been a mail on the Linux-kernel mailing list claiming
> otherwise, I haven't tested it.

I must've been looking at the wrong source tree or something (either one
of the 2.2.x trees, or maybe one of the 2.4.0-testX trees, although I
think the tree I had before I grabbed 2.4.0 was 2.4.0-test11, which also
has the fix) - 2.4.0 does treat nfserr_rofs the same way it treats
nfserr_acces or nfserr_perm, so it shouldn't have the problem.