Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:33:24 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.4 Installer + Promise FT100TX2 = Loader crash

--nextPart1773043.6ghgElnZ4c

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:58, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> I have experienced this (since about 5.3) on a dual PIII Tyan S1834. In
> my case perseverance seems to pay off - one in (approx) 10 boots will
> work...

Hmm strange..
I tried it a few times on an ABit AV8, once on an Epox 8KRDA+ and a few tim=
es=20
on an Epox nForce2 board (I can't remember exactly which model) and it has=
=20
never worked. They all have AWARD BIOSen (if it matters)

I wonder if it's a problem where a memory area is overwritten because there=
 is=20
more info from the BIOS than expected (ie floppy, CDROM, RAID).

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum