Date:      Thu, 24 May 2012 08:07:25 -0400
From:      Etienne Robillard <animelovin@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   net-im/skype requiring old ALSA (backward compatible) pkg ?

Hi

trying to make net-im/skype works on 8.3-STABLE,

got the following once I enter my login/pass:

/usr/local/share/skype/skype: relocation error:
/usr/local/share/skype/skype: symbol snd_device_name_hint, version
ALSA_0.9 not defined in file libasound.so.2 with link time reference

however all the Linux ports seems freshly updated and linux.ko module is
loaded as well. Should this mean the linux-alsa-lib port require
updating to support the older (now deprecated) ALSA API ?

Alternatively is there a way to get skype network thru another protocol
like Jabber ?

Cheers,

Etienne

$ sudo pkg_version -v -s linux-alsa-lib
linux-alsa-lib-1.0.10.3_2           =   up-to-date with port

$ sysctl compat.linux
compat.linux.oss_version: 198144
compat.linux.osrelease: 2.6.16
compat.linux.osname: Linux

$ uname -a
FreeBSD marina 8.3-STABLE FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE #1: Wed May 23 20:22:18 EDT
2012     root@marina:/usr/obj/usr/local/freebsd8/src/sys/CURRENT  amd64

--
Etienne Robillard
Occupation: Software Developer