Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 11:31:23 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Mosaic with Lesstif

> > > Got an IP address? InterNIC doesn't know about it. The bigger name
> > > servers in South Africa don't know about it either -- barnard.za
> > > isn't even a legitimate domain name.
> > >
> > > Off hand I'd say that someone's pulling your leg. ftp.heart.barnard.za
> > > isn't typical of the domain names used in South Africa, at least not
> > > for academic institutions. If it were an academic institution, it might
> > > be ftp.heart.barnard.ac.za, but that's not legitimate either.
>
> By now, any South African reading this is PISSING himself laughing!
>
> The message that prompted this had some typo implying transplants.
> Dr Christiaan Barnard performed the first suuccessful heart transplant
> in the world here in South Africa (za). Of course it is bogus. Its
> a joke.

Don't know about you, but I'm getting more a laugh from all the
explanations. I'd say that anyone who can get from a misspelling of
implementation in a reference to Motif to the first heart transplant
must be smoking something really good. :-) How about if you send me a
case of Castle Lager and I'll see if I can get close to ROTFL. Make it
two, I'll save one for when it gets warm and have a nice braai.

Any think we ought to try to stay on a relevant topic?

--

Kaleb