Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 22:56:02 +0200
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, dbaker@crash.ops.neosoft.com, smace@neosoft.com, hsu@clinet.fi, current@FreeBSD.org, julian@jhome.DIALix.COM, gibbs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   oops not queued

Satoshi Asami writes:
 >  * > Dec 18 13:18:55 silvia /kernel: sd1: oops not queued
 >  * > Dec 18 13:18:55 silvia /kernel: biodone: buffer already done
 >  * > Dec 18 13:18:55 silvia /kernel: spec_getpages: I/O read error
 >  * > Dec 18 13:18:55 silvia /kernel: vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error, PID 144 failure
 >
 > I am still seeing this on -current.  You guys (on the To: list)
 > mentioned you have also seen this from Dec 14 or so on.  Did it go
 > away for any of you?
 >
 > Just to be sure, I checked out a new copy of the /usr/src/sys tree and
 > built a GENERIC kernel out of it, but I still get the same errors.

I still get this with -current less than 24 hour ago, and this may be the
same problem as with SCSI systems I got the same "oops not queued" error.
The ide systems don't get even to the probes with exactly the same kernel.

The kernel is ftp://clinet.fi/pub/FreeBSD/crashdumps/kernel.broken.2.gz and
the config file is ftp://clinet.fi/pub/FreeBSD/crashdumps/CLINETSERVER.

BTW, dependency for rpcgen in make world is missing, it has to be manually
compiled.

486-40 IDE
        pcvt: do_reset() - got KEYB_R_RESEND response ... - one time only messag
e.
        real memory = 16777216 (16384..)
        kmem_suballoc: bad status returned 3.
        panic: kmem_suballoc

        after this normal rebooting in 15 seconds message.

I think I PR'd this, but I can't find the PR number anywhere.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@clinet.fi  work +358-0-4375209 fax -4555276 home -8031121