Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:58:49 -0500
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        Michael Mitchell <mmitchel@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel build fails

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:21:45 -0800
Michael Mitchell <mmitchel@gmail.com> wrote:

> i thought any arch except armv6 is currently problematic. (this is my
> experience with 10.x so far).

> > /usr/src/sys/arm/compile/BEAGLEBONE/../../../cddl/compat/opensolaris/sys/debug_compat.h
> > /usr/src/sys/arm/compile/BEAGLEBONE/../../../arm/arm/genassym.c
> > cc: error: argument unused during compilation:
> > '-march=armv7a' [-Werror,-Wunused-command-line-argument] *** Error
> > code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make[3]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules/dtrace/dtrace
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make[2]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules/dtrace
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make[1]: stopped in /usr/src/sys/modules
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop.
> > make: stopped in /usr/src/sys/arm/compile/BEAGLEBONE
> > root@beaglebone:/usr/src/sys/arm/compile/BEAGLEBONE #

So the question is where did the -march-arm7a come from?  It seems to
me it should not be in the kernel tree and someone introduced it in
error.

Am I the only person who tries native kernel builds?

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Amendment IV

violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.