Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:08:15 +0100
From:      Ken McKittrick <agent47@baldcom.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   having problems adding hard drives

Hello

I have a 2.2.1 RELEASE system running with IDE drives. I dropped in a
Adaptec 2940UW controller with a Quantum 700 and a SyQuest EZ135 (I recycle
old SCSI devices) :-). These drives worked fine on another system that was
installed from the ground up.

I go into /stand/sysinstall and choose "Custom"

Partition the drives
Disklabel each drive: Quantum as /stuff, SyQuest as /rd
Commit requires me to add some distribution so I choose the info distribution.

The Info pages get written, but the drives don't get added.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Ken

Ken McKittrick                      Unix SysAdmin, R & D guy
agent47@baldcom.net                   http://www.baldcom.net
http://zone.baldcom.net                       (315) 698-3400
"Virtute non Verbis" (Deeds not Words) 1/108th Mech Infantry