Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:05:26 +0200
From:      "Michael Kirchner" <kirchner@callcenter.systemhaus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xdm got stuck and restarts at logon

Hi Juan
i had a similar problem and i solved it with the following:

> > In /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers, I configure xdm:
> > :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt03
I would set a symbolic link  ln -s .
It doesn =B4t solve your Problem, but later it's easier
to find.
> > If I run xdm manually, with:> your .Xsession file needs to be set exec=
utable..

Try to write the following lines in the .Xsession:
PATH=3D/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

michael