Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 10:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To:        Peter Zijlstra <peter@unox.student.tue.nl>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Support for Ensoniq Audio PCI (aka. SB64PCI)

On 15-May-99 Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> Hi,...
>
> I'm thinking of going to freebsd instead of linux, however I can't find
> whether there is a driver for my soundcard.
> It's a Ensoniq audio PCI, also known as Soundblaster 64 PCI. The chipset is
> an es1370.
>
> Is there such a driver, or is there someone known to work on one (whom I
> could help).
>
> Kind regards,
> Peter Zijlstra

If you use FreeBSD 3.1 or above, there is a driver, and it does work.  Here's a
snippet from my dmesg:

es0: <AudioPCI ES1370> irq 5 at device 9.0 on pci0
pcm0: using I/O space register mapping at 0xd800

and sndstat:
norn[~]> cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (981002) May 13 1999 19:18:39
Installed devices:
pcm0: <ENSONIQ AudioPCI> at 0xd800 irq 0 dma 0:0

I can verify that it works, too.  I've been using it since mid December.

All you need is a line like this in your kernel config file:

device pcm0

Easy enough?

---
Chris Piazza    Abbotsford, BC, Canada